It’s Your Job to Keep Me Safe
You can reduce the odds of a drowning tragedy happening to someone you know or love.
Drowning is a Preventable Tragedy
- Drowning is the number one cause of accidental death for 1-4 year olds
- More children in this age group die by drowning than by traffic accidents
- In 2017 there were 98 total incidents in Orange County:
- 42 of those were fatal
- 63 involved swimming pools or spas*
*Source: Orange County Fire Authority 1/30/18.
To share the story of Jasper St. Clair to educate others in the community about their role in identifying and reducing risks of drowning.
To change the way people think about drowning prevention: Drowning is preventable. It’s our responsibility as parents, caregivers and pool owners to keep children safe.
How You Can Help
- Install fences and safety features on your pools and encourage others to do so.
- Enroll your kids in early swim lessons.
- Tell Jasper’s story to motivate people to take the steps above. Make it your personal mission to help protect other children.